Job Category: Driver
Job Number: 2298
Pay Rate: $30.00/hr
If you are an experienced Driver (Class A or Class B) who is looking to advance your career and be part of a world-renowned healthcare organization, take the first step and apply now! Your best future is waiting to be discovered!
- Great pay- $30.00 an hour!
- Great Schedule!
- Shift Days: 5 days a week (Monday-Sunday)
- Shift Times: Shift start times could be in between 7:00am and 1:00pm (with 8 hour shifts)
- Duration: 6 months with a possibility of conversion!
- Great working location!
- Health insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ year to 2 years Class A or B driving experience with valid license and verifiable good driving record Required
- 1+ year to 2 years Experience driving 50 foot vehicle Preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to pass color-blind and drug/alcohol screening tests.
- COVID vaccination
Licenses and Certifications
- CADL - California Drivers License - Valid And In State required Upon Hire
- MEC - Medical Examiner's Certificate, Form MCSA-5876 required Upon Hire
- Airbrake Endorsement
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated tact and courtesy required.
- At mobile locations, act as Donor Room Assistant under direction of on-site supervisor/charge nurse, including, but not limited to:
- Keep confidential records pertaining to donor medical history card and unit numbering.
- Heat seal donor unit tubing into segments.
- Escort donors and assist with donors who have reactions.
- Operate self-contained mobile blood collection unit, labeling & set up at remote blood collection (mobile) sites and return to Blood Center
- Responsible to keep mobile units clean, operational, gassed and containing adequate supplies and equipment. Vehicle and equipment must be maintained so as to be ready for emergency dispatch. Inventory and order supplies contained on mobile units.
- Prepare and distribute supplies and equipment for mobile units/locations and/or fixed site locations according to the requirements of the Collections department
- Load, transport, assemble, and dismantle mobile equipment, medical supply boxes and computers for mobiles located at businesses or other community or civic locations within surrounding communities. Rearrange existing furniture at mobile sites when necessary.
- Ensure all equipment on mobile units (donor beds, equipment boxes) is operational at all times. Report malfunctioning equipment to appropriate department. Coordinate repairs of mobile vehicles when necessary. Operate vehicles within limits of the law at all times (fines resulting from infractions will be at own expense.)
- Responsible for deliveries to and from blood center in order to facilitate efficient operation of blood center and mobile unit.
- Transport blood to component laboratory; ensure blood transport boxes/coolers are properly used and temperature quality control maintained.
- Completes a variety of other support activities related to activities in blood collection areas as directed by supervisory/charge nurse staff.
- May be required to enter areas where other individuals work with human blood; potential may exist for unanticipated exposure to bloodborne pathogens by splash or spill.
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in Northern California. That’s why so many hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team that supports you, we can help!
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every referral! *
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at least 20 shifts.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.