Job Category: Patient Admin Specialist
Job Number: 2476
Pay Rate: $26.00/HR
Calling all ambitious Patient Account Reps! It's time to propel your career to new heights within a globally renowned healthcare powerhouse. Don't miss this chance to seize your brightest future – apply now!
Your best future is waiting to be discovered!
- Pay: $26.00/HR
- Shift Days: Monday-Friday
- Shift Times: 6:30AM-3:00PM
- Contract: 2 months
- Great working location
- Health insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Worker's Comp or Managed Care (HMO,PPO,POS, etc)
- Knowledge of accounts receivable system like SMS, IDX, or Meditech
• Account Reps: Follows up on unpaid accounts in patient accounting systems with the payers either by phone or via websites. Works payer denials based on claim process adjudication; Review accounts for possible underpayments; research contracts, guidelines and resolve payment with payer. Perform appeals with payer. Performs bad debt request transfers as applicable. Performs or requests adjustment and contractual write offs as applicable.
• Billers: Reviews EPIC worklists and edits accounts as needed; Reviews Cirius claim edits and resolves edits; Reviews and resolves electronic acknowledgement payer rejections/denials; Rebills claims based on requests from Follow Up reps due to denials received. Resends claim as needed.
• Cash Posting Reps: Posts payments; Work EPIC undistributed payment worklist; Posts adjustments related to payments. Processes refunds for accounts payable. Posts payment transfers from professional billing to hospital billing.
• Data Control Reps: Enters charges; Reviews EPIC worklist accounts with charge issues and resolves; Researches charge issues and follows up with departments as needed. Complete charge corrections including adding diagnosis, transferring or reversing charges, combining accounts.
• Patient Advocacy Reps: Completes and processes charity applications; Reviews and validates high dollar self pay accounts before outsourcing to outside vendor; Handles patient calls and complaints. Requests referral of accounts to bad debt as applicable.
• Meets weekly individual productivity goals and standards while following planned priorities as set by the Team.
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in Northern California. That’s why so many hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team that supports you, we can help!
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every referral! *
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at least 20 shifts.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.