Job Category: Scheduler, Scheduling Coordinator
Job Number: 2472
Pay Rate: $28/hr
If you are a Surgery Scheduler who is ready to advance your career and be part of a world-renowned healthcare organization, take the first step and apply now! Your best future is waiting to be discovered!
- Pay- $28.00-$30.00 per hour!
- Shift Days-Monday-Friday!
- Shift Times: 8:00am-4:30pm
- Duration: 3 months initially
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Great working location
- Health insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of surgery scheduling experience
- Knowledge of insurance plan limitations on care, requirements for pre-authorization for services, patient obligations for payment, and reimbursement/billing requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures desired.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area. Skilled in computer use: MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- EPIC: Highly Preferred
- Coordinates resources to schedule Peds GI cases: Ability to coordinate, schedule and track complex surgery scheduling and multiple patient appointments.
- Coordinate scheduling between department surgeon (including multi-disciplinary departments), anesthesiologists, vendors, materials management, GI/OR venues & patients
- Makes scheduling decisions that maximize efficiency & utilization of resources.
- Schedules ancillary services (MRI, Labs, etc.) for patients prior to GI procedure date and provides appropriate instructions.
- Schedules complex appointments requiring strong knowledge of pre-admission requirements, procedures, department protocols, and timing.
- Tracks authorizations to assure appropriate verifications and authorizations are tracked prior to surgery date. Verifies patient insurance and ensures that patient has appropriate authorization
- Determines when authorization for services is required and ensures authorization is obtained prior to service date. Determines and documents need for signatures for conditions of registration and Medicare secondary payment screen.
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of case entry, including CPT codes, procedure description, bed request, procedure duration, etc.
- Collaborates extensively with OR scheduling to assure maximum utilization of block time in each OR venue.
- Communicate surgery details and review surgery guidelines to patients/parents and assist in coordinating family needs (Social Work, Transportation, Housing, Financial Counseling, etc.)
- Responsible to ensure consent is obtained in advance in EHR
- Coordinate surgical procedures with outside OR scheduling venues (CPMC, Good Samaritan, John Muir, etc.)
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in Northern California. That’s why so many hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team that supports you, we can help!
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every referral! *
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at least 20 shifts.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.